expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Addition and Subtraction Math Facts

I'm realizing more and more each day how much my students struggle with the simplest of math facts. Even though they are third graders learning multiplication and division, they still struggle with their addition and subtraction facts up to 20. I've decided to take a step backwards with my math talks to support them with these skills (more on that in a future post) and also assess them on their math facts.

Since I'm taking my first sick day all year, I decided to sit on the sofa, soak up some Netflix, and create a series of addition and subtraction math fact assessments. I decided to focus of 6 sub areas:

  1. +/- One. . . I know, 3rd grade, right? Hey, some of them still struggle
  2. Doubles
  3. Doubles and Neighbors
  4. Fast Tens
  5. Fast Nines
  6. Other Facts to 20

Knowing that some of my students might just struggle with the addition or just the subtraction, I created three different set ups. One has both addition and subtraction, one with just addition, and one just subtraction. Hopefully these will help me gain some more assessment data.

Addition and Subtraction of Doubles and Neighbors


If you're interested in them, feel free to check them out on  my TpT page

No comments:

Post a Comment